Tuesday 29 January 2013

Meet Our Digital Student Teacher - Anna Hipperson!

Today I got an email from our Digital Student Teacher, Anna Hipperson! In class, we visited her blog and watched a video of her introducing herself to her classmates at the University of Regina.

We learned that she will be a high school teacher of special education and Health. We can't wait to start working with her and brainstormed some GREAT ideas!

-Do you want us to call you Anna or Ms. Hipperson?
-Skype: once to meet and introduce yourself, then a lesson in Health (Fin)
-on Skype – teach us about basketball or something in Gym (Fiona)
-we could have a comment chat on one of our blogs (Fiona)
-Maybe you could teach us something you know about special education and health (Kaleigh)
-we could send you videos of our class working (Molly)
-since you have a minor in special education, if someone needs help, someone could Skype individually on the ipad in the hall to get help (Fiona)
-teach us a new Gym game or teach us a lesson when we’re doing grade 5 Science (Human body) (Molly)
-could you help us with the questions we have, we could have you on Skype to ask question! (Hunty)
-maybe you could come and meet us one day (Kaleigh)
-when is your birthday? We want to celebrate it on Skype (Kaleigh)
-we could bring the ipad down to the gym and you could teach us a gym game or stuff about basketball (Hunter)

We hope she is as excited to work with us as we are to work with her!

Tomorrow, we will try to film an introductory video of our class to send to her, or at least to post on the blog!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to have a virtual student teacher!!!
    Our virtual student teacher sounds really nice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delayed reply guys and gals, I'm new to blogging, and it's taking me awhile to catch on. I am so excited to work with your class! Grade four and five were my favourite grades, so I felt really lucky to be placed with your classroom.

    You all had some great ideas; Health is one of my favourite classes, so I would love to teach you about health and/or Phys. Ed. Fiona, I liked your suggestion of skyping me if any of you students have questions. If that is okay with Ms. Pollock and I'm not at the university, I would be glad to help!

    Ms. Pollock and I will have to arrange a time to Skype soon, as I'd love to meet you all and see what you're working on in your classroom.

    Some questions I have for you students:
    -What is Churchill like? (I don't know much about it, and would love to learn more!)
    -What is the weather like there? It is very, very cold with lots of snow here in Regina!
    -What are some activities you girls and boys like?

    Talk to you all soon!
    Ms. Hipperson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ms. Hipperson!

    Thanks for the message. I'll share it with the kids on Monday and start getting some answers for you!

    In the meantime, do you have a Skype account? If so, send me your username on my email address and we can hook up! Next week, we'll set up Skype on our iPad so we can say hi to you if you're on when we're in class!

    Also, you can call me Shauna! One of the great things about our Alternative school is that all the kids do!

    ReplyDelete