Wednesday 6 March 2013

Random Acts of Reading Aloud - by Gabby

Today at first recess, me, Fiona and Vickie were walking around the playground looking for kids or people to read to. We were able to find six people and then we found three more and then one of them decided to read, so they decided to read to us, so then that made thirteen people.

It was World Read Aloud Day today and to read aloud today in the playground was Fiona's idea for us. And Pat gave the idea to all of us.

We read Robert Munch's "More Pies" and Dr. Seuss's "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". It was very interesting to do instead of doing something different. It was very fun!

-by Gabby






Later in the day, I read out loud to the whole class from "The Land of Stories", and then we paired up with Roy's class and read aloud with them to celebrate World Read Aloud Day! At the very end of the day, your ticket out of the room was to decide on a way that you would celebrate World Read Aloud Day at home. I hope you're all enjoying reading with your moms, dads, grandparents, brothers, sisters and pets! Some of you are even recording yourselves reading for your cousins and friends! So many great ideas!
-Shauna

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat! What a good idea it is to read to other aloud during recess. My professor usually has one person per day read aloud to the rest of the class, and I absolutely love it! I've discovered so many new books from others in my class. Not knowing that today was World Read Aloud Day, I read our English novel aloud to a few of "my" students. Looks like you're having fun, as always in Room 209!

    ReplyDelete